Support Predictable and Sustained Investments in Key Science, Engineering and Technology Agencies
- Science and engineering research, whether conducted in the private sector, at a university or within a federal agency or laboratory, requires predictability and a sustained effort to produce positive results. The sequestration process is contributing to a sense of great uncertainty.
- We strongly urge you to work toward a bipartisan agreement on measures that would both prevent the sequestration from occurring and provide for predictable and sustainable federal support for scientific research.
- As consideration occurs of potential measures for reducing the national debt and annual deficits, we urge you to keep our nation on an innovation path that makes it possible for our economy to grow and our citizens to prosper.
- Ultimately, the point of fiscal responsibility is to provide a better life for all Americans, especially future generations. While reducing deficits is necessary for achieving long-term prosperity, it is equally necessary that we continue to prioritize spending on science and technology.
- For more than half a century, breakthrough scientific and engineering research has provided the foundation for US innovation and economic growth.
"Support Predictable and Sustained Investments in Key Science Agencies"
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Energy Office of Science (DOE-SC)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Department of Education STEM Programs (DoEd)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)