Telling Our Story Through Data: ASTRA’s STEM on the Hill State STEM & Innovation Report Cards 2017
Key features of the 2017 State STEM & Innovation Reports include:
- Ranking of States by 9 Key Innovation Metrics (page 2);
- The Top 20 Industry Sectors for each state according to the concept of Location Quotient (LQ) — which provides strategic insight into a State’s special strengths in terms of economic and workforce potential (page 2);
- The Top 40 STEM Job Occupations projected for each state between 2016 and 2026 (page 3);
- The latest state AND national student attitude surveys on STEM careers as conducted by MyCollegeOptions® — a noticable uptrend in STEM interest across the board concerning most enthnicities and gender in most states, and remarkable progress nationally (pages 4-5); and
- Updated data from NAMEPA Counts on student engineering degrees by ethnicity at the nation’s top 10 Engineering Schools and ERCA survey data concerning high school students “closing the gap between Classroom and Careeer” (page 6).
The ASTRA State STEM & Innovation Report Cards are the single best source for understanding each state’s outstanding qualities and capacities. ASTRA's “Innovation X-Ray” also helps inform policy debates with specific and the most current data about federal funding, local economies, and workforce development.
|District of Columbia|